108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Expand raid 1 capacity

SOLVED
Go to solution
George Nikolaidis_1
Occasional Advisor

Expand raid 1 capacity

Hello we have a blade with a server 460 blc and and embedded E200i smart array.Initialy we had 2 146 gb sas disks.We have gradualy changed the hard disks to 300GB ,but of cource the raid shows capacity of 146GB. Within the windows 2003 OS we have run ACU but have noticed that there is no EXPAND array option.My question is if i run the auto configuration it builds a second raid_1 array. If i use the Live linux Gparted to extend my partitions will it work that way in order to have one array of 300GB? What other alternatives i have? Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: Expand raid 1 capacity

Hi George,

bl460c G1 server comes with Integrated HP Smart Array E200i RAID controller with 64 MB cache.

E200i controller does not support RAID 5, Capacity Expansion, RAID migration, and Stripe Size Migration with 64 mb cache. You need to upgrade the Cache module to enable raid expansion option on E200i controller.

351580-B21 : 128MB Battery-Backed Cache Enabler

Addition of the battery backed cache upgrade enables BBWC, RAID 5, Capacity Expansion, RAID migration, and Stripe Size Migration.

Server quickspecs
http://vb.net/products/HP/12518_div.html#Options

check the key feature in E200i controller quickspecs
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12460_na/12460_na.html

Other option that you have without buying an additional cache module is, backup the info, delete the array and recreate array to use the full capacity.

Hope this helps,

Please don't forget to assign points if you think information provided is helpful.

Cheers!
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

George Nikolaidis_1
Occasional Advisor

Thank you,for your quick response.
I will expand my controller in order to support that.Thank you.
Ali
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi George,

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Please don't forget to assign points if you think information provided is helpful... :)

Cheers!
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

George Nikolaidis_1
Occasional Advisor

OK