1751914 Members
5461 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Extend ProLiant DL160 G6

Narius

Extend ProLiant DL160 G6

Hi everyone

This kind of idea - if available please give me the best or the optimal way to do that.

I need to extend my server and I know that I can add RAM, CPU or change the HDD to higher capacity ones.

But is there any way for example to make it work with some device that has for example 8 HDD bays and connect that to my server ?

Thank you

P.S. This thread has been moved  from Servers > General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - HP Forums Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Hazem Bahgat
Frequent Advisor

Re: Extend ProLiant DL160 G6

Greetings,

i would recommend you to add MSA storage, or a small D2D solution, in addition youcan have Up to 4 LFF SAS/ SATA Hard drives

Best Regards and Appreciation,
Hazem Bahgat

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Vlad_T
Frequent Advisor

Re: Extend ProLiant DL160 G6

Hi Narius,

as Hazem has advised you, there're multiple storage solutions you could use to extend the storage of your DL160 G6 - MSAs, D2D, or what I would recommend rather in this case - either a D2000 storage box, or a P2000. May be D2000 would be better, since they're not as complex products as the P2000s and you can configure them via ORCA/ACU directly and don't need to create the LUNs on a separate interface, but on the other hand p2000 provides you options for iSCSI, FC or SAS DAC.

It all depends on your needs. :)

Best regards,
Vlad
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details