108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Extending a Logical Drive on which Windows 2000 is Installed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

Extending a Logical Drive on which Windows 2000 is Installed

Another drive was recently added to expand a RAID5 Array of 5 x 18.2GB, however the process to extend the logical drive has not yet been carried out. The message “You have requested to perform extension on this logical drive. Extension is not currently supported on Windows 2000 …” is diplayed and before I go any further I'm interested in any feedback from anyone who may have tried it.

I have a full image of the server via Livestate Recovery so I do have an escape route if it all goes pear s
5 REPLIES 5
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Extending a Logical Drive on which Windows 2000 is Installed

make firmware CD 7.20 run Updates
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/subscription/PSM_subscription.html

Install latest PSP
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/index.html

depend what type controller you have
3 rd 4th generation (recomended to have backup) or 5th (Safe to proceed). W2K SP3 at least. Ignore massage.
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

Hi KOV

Thanks for the quick reply. THe server is an ML370 G2 with embedded 5i controller (firmware revision 1.80). The ACU is 2.80A.

Where did you get the info "depends what type controller you have 3rd 4th generation (recomended to have backup) or 5th (Safe to proceed). W2K SP3 at least. Ignore massage." I couldn't find anything from HP.

Thanks
Colin

BTW some clown gave me 2 points earlier for answer that gave him a solution!!! Why do we bother?

Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

Thanks KOV I have since found HP customer advisory EM000915_CW01. Don't know why I couldn't find it first time around.

Thanks for your help.

Colin
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

EM000915_CW01