ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748216 Members
3905 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

External Storage System Power Supply: General Failure

Denise Doner

External Storage System Power Supply: General Failure

We have one server that gets this same failure message. It also 'repairs' itself.
HP suggests clearing the NVRAM. Has anyone tried this?
(We have cpqcisse.sys file version
5.48.0.32.)
5 REPLIES 5
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: External Storage System Power Supply: General Failure

Hello Denise,
Which type of server do you have?? In your posting you have stated that you have a server and the file versino cpqcisse.sys which belongs to SA5xx series controller. Please be clear as to what we are dealing with here.

Regards,
Denise Doner

Sunil,
Thanks for the reply. The server is a Proliant DL580 G2.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Denise,
Alright you have DL580G2 but which type of Array controller do you have?? As for as clearing NVRAM is concerned that can be done via F9 and then go under Advanced Features or you can do this by going on the system board via dip switch no 6 which is part of SW4. I have attached the details for your convenience. By default this switch is 'off' you power the system down then turn the switch no 6 to the 'ON' position. Power the system back up. Once it posts then power down the system and turn the switch back to 'OFF' position. Upon reboot go to F9 and just make sure your BOOT CONTROLLER ORDER is set properly. Please let me know if I could be of any further assistance.

Regards,
Denise Doner

The Proliant DL580 G2 server has a Smart Array 5312 controller, firmware Rev B, v2.38.
Thanks.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Denise,
In that case, please update the driver for your 5300 controller and then the firmware and observe the server for results. Here are the links:

Driver:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/20313.html

Firmware:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19830.html

Regards,