4719 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: F10 and ILO Reset does not work for DL320 G8 v2

Mo86
Occasional Visitor

F10 and ILO Reset does not work for DL320 G8 v2

Hi,

i has a "special" DL320 Gen8 v2 server in our lab which i can not start the intelligent provisioning tool. I see a blinking cursor but after 10s the machine starts to boot from other devices (cdrom,hdd...)

I read a lot in the forum how i can flash the nvram but this did not work for me either.

A allready upgrade the SSP on the blade machine and install the last ILO version 2.7

- I try to flash the NVRAM by Recovery Media (HPIP171.2019_0220.23.iso & HPIP163.2016_0720.i192.227.iso) both of them fails with the same message - NVRAM Flash failure.

- flashing the NVRAM by HPONFCG Tool (hponcfg - linux) the reset command (-r) works fine for me but did not solve the problem.

- flashing NVRAM by HPONCFG and XML file stucks after command was typed and executed a temporary xml config file will be created but then nothing happens afterwards

- manually installing the provisioning version from rpm manuelly in linux works but did not solve the problem

Is there anything i can try more or do i have to assume that the ILO Chip is broken?

7 REPLIES 7
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello 

Please log a support ticket with HPE. This has to be diagnosed by an onsite CE.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You could try to install ILO firmware 2.70 and format the ILO NAND from there.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Mo86
Occasional Visitor

Hi Torsten.

Thanks for your answer. I wrote version 2.2.7 as ilo update but i meant 2.7.0 sorry my mistake.

Best regards 

Moritz

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

what do you mean by ""special" DL320 Gen8 v2"?

You can refer to this advisory that explains how to format the NAND.  https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00048622en_us

If this doesn't resolve the issue then you may need to refer to this advisory https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Mo86
Occasional Visitor

Hi Jimmy,

By "special" I meant that the server blade has this "special" problem in contrast to the other machines used by the customer...

Thanks for the guidelines but they only describe the straightforward way and unfortunately I do not have one here. Apart from that, I had tried them first.

Best regards

Moritz

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

if nothing suggested so far has helped, your only options appears to be replacing the system board

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello,

As suggested earlier please log a support ticket with HPE and we will help you out to resolve the issue.

Thanks 

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo