New Discussion

F9 F10 F11 keyboard not responding during boot, ILO5 ProLiant DL360 gen10

SOLVED
Go to solution
forest31
Occasional Visitor

F9 F10 F11 keyboard not responding during boot, ILO5 ProLiant DL360 gen10

Hello.

I am trying to enter Intelligent provisioning during boot to create new raid. There is no OS installed on the server yet. However after booting, there is an option to select F9, F10 or F11. But, pressing any of the function keys does not do any action.  In older ILO versions there was no problem, after pressing function key, that one was lighten on the screen. Not on this one. I have tried HTML5, .NET and Java Web Start. It doesnt work on any. I also created keyboard shortcut, but also doesn't work. 

Can somebody suggest any solution? 

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: F9 F10 F11 keyboard not responding during boot, ILO5 ProLiant DL360 gen10

Check in RBSU and make sure USB function has not been disabled

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
FabioC1
HPE Pro

Hi,  forest31 

I think that you disablebe usb port.

So you need clear cmos by system maintenance switch, will be necessary open the equipment.

And power on the system maintence switch position 6

service manual = https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00115362en_us&page=GUID-561C370B-8FA9-468E-9B0A-BDEE7F82927E.html

2 When the system maintenance switch position 6 is set to the On position, the system is prepared to restore all configuration settings to their manufacturing defaults

Same to gen 9 - http://www.running-system.com/how-to-clear-or-reset-a-hp-server-gen9-nvram-using-system-maintenance-switch-on-the-system-board/

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken link.]

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo

forest313131
Solution

Thanks for suggestions friends.

On the end my collegues found out the prolem. The issue was caused by the license we installed. The license was orginally for ILO4, we have ILO5. After removing license, the keyboard was responding again. 

emanueladam
Visitor

I had the same issue and it was persistant over multiple reboots.

An iLO reset resolved it and the F9, F10, F12 ... is working again