108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Fail Intelligent Provisioning and SPP

SOLVED
Go to solution
timeout_booting
Occasional Contributor

Fail Intelligent Provisioning and SPP

Hello everyone. When trying to install a Proliant DL385 Gen10+ V2, Intelligent Provisioning does not work. Pressing F10 accesses the application, the "Loading Kernel" screen appears, and the server restarts. It happens from the ILO and from a USB Bootable. It also happens when trying to update it and when trying to update with the SPP.
Is it necessary to check or change some type of configuration in System Uilities? I have checked it and it appears to be correct.
Thank you very much in advance.

AC

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Fail Intelligent Provisioning and SPP

Hello,

You may re-install Intelligent Provisioning using the "Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media for Gen10 and Gen10 Plus". 

Download and burn this ISO to a dvd and boot your server to it.

You may also use the iLO Virtual Media functionality to attach the ISO image to the iLO Virtual Media, reboot the server and press F11 to access Boot menu and select option iLO Virtual Media.

Follow the onscreen instructions to install onto your system. Once installed, reboot your server and press the F10 screen at server POST to boot into Intelligent Provisioning.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

timeout_booting
Occasional Contributor

@TVVJ 

Hello! Thanks for the reply.

I also tried this and the behavior was the same. The application started with the "loading Kernel" screen, and after a few minutes the server was restarted. The screen and "loading kernel" reappeared and the server was restarted.

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

As the server is rebooting attempting to load the kernel, it may be a possibility that the downloaded image be corrupted. You either attempt to download Intelligent Provisioning and perform the procedure again or if you believe that there is no issue with the download, then please contact HPE Support using the support case manager for further assistance,

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

timeout_booting
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Thank you for the help.

We tried with various ISOS and USBs and finally, client open case with HPE. When we have a solution, i will post here.

Regards!!!