7435 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Failed to clear Integrated Management Log

Thomas Olsen_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Raj

Thanks for the input and sorry about my late reply.

I can't find any icon in control panel for JRE or Java but I noticed a folder called "jvm" under my Program Files. From a readme file, it looks like this is J2RE v1.4.2_X

But anyway, you recommend that I upgrade to JRE latest version?
I am just worried that upgrading to J2RE latest version can cause problems to any of my systems running on those servers.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

/Thomas O
GeoffV

Hi
I have just encountered this problem after downgrading from psp 7.70 to 7.60A.
My solution was to run CP006281 and when configuration was needed on SNMP Settings I ticked SNMP set, Remote Reboot and "clear all Thresholds"
Now all working. Hope this helps you
Geoff
DragomirAtea
Trusted Contributor

Hi Thomas!

Verify that you have enabled SNMP sets.

System Homepage -> Settings -> SNMP Web Agent -> SNMP & Agent Settings.

Make sure that SNMP sets are enabled.

If youre using SIM you should add the SIM-server to Accepted hosts...

Finally! To clear IML and/or mark items repaired you nedd to logged in as administrator.

Regards
Dragomir Zekic
Thomas Olsen_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Dragomir

Thank you for your reply.
This case has been open for quite some time now.
To be honest, I haven't paid that much attention to this lately, as it has not been a bit issue for me.
However, I did another test just now, and from the IML web page, I am still not able to clear or mark as done any of the items.
The only way to clear or mark as done, is to go to Start\All Programs\HP System Tools\ and start HP Proliant Integrated Management Log Viewer.

As you suggested, I have verified that SNMP set is enabled. And the user I am logging in with, is member of local admin group.

Since my first post, I have also upgraded my PSP to the latest available which is v7.70. So my IML is v5.10.0.0

Thanks.

/ThomasO
GeoffV

Hi Thomas

Can I ask if when you go to > Tasks > Reboot Server do you get ├в reboot not available├в or do you get options.
I have taken my PSP back up to 7.70 to see if I would get the same problem back, and I did, no set available when trying to clear logs. I went to the repository and manually ran cp006665.exe. on the configuration page, SNMP Settings I ticked SNMP set, Remote Reboot and "clear all Thresholds"
Strangely this time I had to repeat the running of cp006665. But the set was available after that, as was the reboot option.
This was found as a by-product whilst trying to find why I am getting an ASD once a day.
Again hope it helps

Geoff
Thomas Olsen_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Geoff

I did what u suggested, but not sure if these two things are related.

I am still not able to clear my IML entries.
I don't see any error message when I try to either choose "Mark as repaired" or "Clear all IML entries", but it is just that nothing happens. Meaning the same entries are still there.

/Thomas
J_207

start > settings > control panel > HP Management Agents | 'SNMP Settings' tab | Clear All Thresholds

sorted it out for me.
ngaurav

Changed the SNMP community string. It worked. Thanks :)