108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: False CPU Overheat on DL380 G5

Bijl
Advisor

Not the best answer but it has worked for me:
1. Thermo paste, it makes a world of difference
2. I once did a rollback on the Bios and it fixed the issue.

Regards,
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

I can tell you that that is a false message it won't affect performance or it won't cause any damage

If I am not wrong (I can double check tomorrow) HP is going to release a new driver for ilo which will fix that CPU high temperature

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Floyd O
Occasional Advisor

I have seen the 255C on multiple DL380G5's. Our first fix recently was to replace the system board, but don't want to do that for all. Is there an Advisory issued by HP on this?
Geovanny Vargas

Alright guys, I certainly appreciate the fast response... I would say the thermal paste should be an option in case the server indeed is having the high temp but in this case it appears to be false information.

I hope the ILO driver is released so we can have that fixed using it instead of having the MB replaced... :)
Geovanny Vargas

Karlo, you were right.
The solution will come in the way of an updated il02 driver, available in the 8.2 PSP available in mid march :(

Once installed the expected behavior is that the server will no longer be degraded in the SMH as a result of inaccurate temperature data being reported to the agents

I guess we are gonna have to wait...

Thanks again
Doug McBrain

Any resolution to this issue, as we are now having the same CPU 255C overheat message, yet not error light on front panel.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

did you read above PSP 8.2 will be the solution...
Doug McBrain

So...the updated psp is definitely going to be the fix?
B J Singh

Karlo, can you point to a CA(Customer Advisory) that discusses this specific fix?
When you do respond, try to be a bit more understanding of the customer's situtation. No one needs to be treated like children when looking for answers from HP for problems they're having with HP's products.
Professionalism and courtesy is always appreciated!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

customer needs to call HP and request for that document it is bot a public document that's why

basically they are gonna say the say as I did