Christoph Z.
Occasional Visitor

Re: False CPU Overheat on DL380 G5

Hi,
the system board was replaced.
lwright
Occasional Advisor

Updated our DL380 G5 to PSP8.3 and F/W 8.70 but still had the CPU temp issue. Ended up shutting down the server and pulling power cords; let it sit in that state for a solid 5 minutes. When it came back up, it was fine. It would be nice if after two years on this thread HP had a real resolution.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Same problem here. I gave up an trying to find a solution and then one day I looked at the server in SIM and the error was gone. No idea what fixed it. Now I have another server doing it and I am going to try the "pull the power and let sit" technique.

Nelson
T. Hamel
Occasional Visitor

We also have this issue on one of DL380 G5, is there a PSP/Software/BIOS/whatever solving this?
j nicholson_2
Occasional Visitor

We are having the same issue with a dl380 g5. We updated firmware to 9.2 (latest) and still having the issue. Today we are going to update all HP drivers to PSP 8.6, if that fails we are going to demand a system board replacement. I will submit an update after we update to PSP 8.6
Energystar
Occasional Visitor

Any news on this issue?

Robert_K
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

have the same issue  with one (for now, thank god) DL380 G5. Pulling power cords helped only for short while. CPU temp was back to 255C shortly.

Then I upgraded to latest PSP, which is now 8.7 (was on 8.2.5 before that). Still the same, BUT with a difference. As I disabled ASR before (to prevent server restarting),  "restart daemon" finally noticed that and now I can have health monitoring active, without server restarting every 10 minutes. :)

So, HP - what's up? Any reply? My board sensor defective? It probably wont get replaced for free, right. :/

Is anyone from HP actually reading this? As this is HP.com forum....

About installing updated HP Health (8.7) from HP's repository (found info on icinga wiki):

## Add repository to apt/sources.list:

deb http://downloads.linux.hp.com/SDR/downloads/ProLiantSupportPack/ squeeze/current non-free

## Add package signature key:
wget http://downloads.linux.hp.com/SDR/downloads/ProLiantSupportPack/GPG-KEY-ProLiantSupportPack -O - | apt-key add -

apt-get update
apt-get install hp-health hpacucli

P.S. If running Debian, I do recommend removing old 'hp-health', mine did act up and would not upgrade. :)