108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Fan Error message

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Fan Error message

Help--
Upon rebooting our server the error message:
"imminent fan failure" came up and the server re booted. I have thoroughly checked the on-line documentation as well as the manual documentation and can find nothing related to an "imminent fan failure." The reboot was too quick to catch an error message. I believe it may have to do with the bios, but to what extent, I don't know. This server is our backbone and so it's mission critical. Also, we are looking to do some new installs but cannot because of the error message and the possibility that if it reboots again without a new fan, then our system will be down. Please help!!

thanks.
Christopher
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Fan Error message

IF you can take the system down at any point run diags..it should point out which fan is failing..also of course visually check them to see if any arent spinning or spinning slower than usual...replace any non functioning fans...you could try a rom flash to make sure it isnt just an error there but i would suspect A) a bad fan or B) a bad thermal sensor on the system board
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Dushyant_1
Occasional Advisor

HI, u can easly solve this problem by chaging the fan, but make surte that u put a new intel original and compaitable fan.

Dushyant Kumar
Dushyant_1
Occasional Advisor

please mention your mother board chip and part serail no. may be i can help u out.

Dushyant Kumar
G. Vrijhoeven
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The error messages will be logged in /var/tombstones.
You should log a call at HP to replace the FAN.

Gideon
G. Vrijhoeven
Honored Contributor

HI,

Sorry, its an proliant so regard my previouse message. I think i do not have to remind you to call your HP representative anyway.

Gideon