1752618 Members
4762 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Fan Failure

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Fan Failure

I have installed 3 ML570 Servers with redundant fan kits in each. All three report fan failures intermittently (Different fans each time). At times the NT operating system has even shutdown due to fan failure. I have opened the units and indeed a fan has an amber light on showing failure , however the fan is running fine. It seems odd that I could have that many bad fans.
6 REPLIES 6
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Fan Failure

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same exact problem. The Compaq advisory says nothing to help the problem. Have you found a solution?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The problem is caused by defective system boards. I called Compaq and they admitted to a bad lot of boards. I replaced all 3 system boards and have had no more trouble.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We've installed two ML570s in the past few months and I'll be finishing up a third in the next week. One of the two is already throwing out Fan 1 & 3 errors. No forced shutdowns yet. Did Compaq admit to the problem when you called them?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Yes. They had me read them the revision level of the system boards and then told me they had to be replaced. I also talked to a remote site of ours that also had the same problem. Again, replacing the system boards solved the problem.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.