cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Noise

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Fan Noise

I know this sounds trivial but I was wondering if anyone knew of a quiet fan for the ProLiant ML370. I have a room full of them being used by developers and the machines are quiet loud. I would like to find a way to make the machines much more quiet.

I would appreciate it if anyone knew of any options. These machines are single processor single drive machines so they probably do not need a great deal of cooling.

Thank You
3 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Fan Noise

Well if your using an OS that Compaq supports, you should be loading all the compaq drivers, and 1 of them kicks down the fans. If not, there is a setting under the advanced tab in the BIOS (hit F9 right before your OS boots) where you can lower the speed.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi tmucha,
I have got problem about fan samething . I can't find advance tab follow your suggestion to hit F9 before BIOS its show me " Select OS install " .Can you tel me more how to do reduce the fan speed
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi tmucha,
I have got problem about fan samething . I can't find advance tab follow your suggestion to hit F9 before BIOS its show me " Select OS install " .Can you tel me more how to do reduce the fan speed