1752805 Members
5881 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fan Speed

Alex Estrada

Fan Speed

I have search for info regarding my problem but I have not seen anything that will fix my issue. I just replaced the motherboard on a DL380 G3. After replacing it the fans are all very loud and will not slow down after boot up. I have the most current Bios P29 9/14/04. I have hit F9 to see if there is a setting in the Bios and no luck finding anything that controls the fans. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Mindaugas_1
Frequent Advisor

In the ML370 G3 BIOS are the function, with which you can control Low or High fan speed (F9 -> Advanced -> Fan Speed (or something like that), but I don't know about DL380 G3.
Mindaugas_1
Frequent Advisor

Adam Sweeney_1

Hi Alex,

Just wondering if you had any luck with that finally, as I'm having the same problem with a G3 DL380 being the full speed of the fans. I have a G2 DL380 which is running Win2K and the fans slow down in that ok - but just not on the G3 with Windows 2003. If there's anyone else who may be able to assist it would be greatly appreciated. I have installed the Microsoft Hotfix as suggested at the download site as well as the latest Proliant Firmware and Software pack but still no joy.... Thanks heaps guys!
Arun David
Occasional Advisor

Hi ALex,

In the DL380 G3 server, if the fan noise is too loud and if the firmware is up to date you need to reseat the PCI Riser Cage as well as the PCI Cards and any riser boards
Ivajlo Yanakiev
Respected Contributor

Whay I know about problem is that fans speed are controled from Insite Manager.
You need right drivers/agents form HP CD.