4397 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Fans on ML370 G3 since new system board change

jason blake
Advisor

Fans on ML370 G3 since new system board change

HI...

Since the system board has been replaceed in our ml370 g3 server to try and fix a problem the fan speed on the server does not now die down during the booting of windows like it used to.
Anyone any ideas on how to solve this ?

thanks
jason
3 REPLIES 3
Tv_3
Respected Contributor

Re: Fans on ML370 G3 since new system board change

Hi Jason,

The new shiped motherboard has an firmware update who is a more recent version than the one you had before.

Fans now blow by default a HIGH speed.

This can be changed in the RBSU (F9).
(Somewhere under advanced Fan Speed)
There you will find an option to throthle te fan speed...

I'm sure this is you problem!

Sincerly.
Chaos, Panic or Disaster??? Always Stay Calm, I will fix it.
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

It is not recommended to run the fan at the lower speed. A FW was release sometime ago to change the default fan speed to High.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Tv_3
Respected Contributor

Ok,

Agree with that, but I have over the 50 servers ML370 G3 dispersed over the country belgium. Mostly running at bios speed LOW.

No problems with one!

Some are in server farms others not.

Believe if it will become to hot in their they will blown faster and if it's nessecary they will shutdown the server without physical dammage... (but maybe with some economic damage)

Indeed as I said in my earlier reply, it is the latest bios firmware who's causing that.

There were issues with previous fw revisions on certain processors that makes the motherboard bogus an strange this occured with the fans, I had 4 of those servers where the motherboard had to be replaced...

Jason, if the sound bothers you, do what I said, if it becomes to hot or if the server should fall out because it is to hot (i doubt it) you can always turn back these setting.

Chaos, Panic or Disaster??? Always Stay Calm, I will fix it.