ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752810 Members
5846 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fault Tolerant Power Supply has lost redundancy messages

Steven_105

Fault Tolerant Power Supply has lost redundancy messages

I have a DL760 G2 that is now at HP Agent version 6.4. I am receiving messages showing redundancy failures. There is nothing wrong. I have swapped both power supplies and this still occurs. Power supply shows in Insight as 470w and is mdl# 303964-001. I have upgraded the agents and still get this message.
System Information Agent: Health: The Fault
Tolerant Power Supply Sub-system has lost redundancy. Restore power
or replace any failed or missing power supplies.
Chassis: '0'
[SNMP TRAP: 6032 in CPQHLTH.MIB]
3 REPLIES 3
Marcel Guerrette

Hello,

This is a known issue and HP is in the process of working on root cause. To this date HP has not been able to reproduce this in a lab environment. We have been seeing this on 8500s DL760s and your case is the first I have heard on the DL760-G2s. I will let the case manager I have been working with that we are starting to see this on G2s. The one thing to keep in mind is this is not a service affecting issue.

An easy work around is to unplug the power supply that is reporting a general failure for 15 seconds and plug power back in. In most cases this will reset the power supply and the server will then indicate all is OK. However, should this not work, schedule down time to power cyle the server. And in a case where the server reports both power supplies in a general failure, schedule down time to power cycle the server.

If you have not done so yet, call your HP support line and get a case started with your incident. There is more information that we could share. If you would like to send mail to my HP address at marcel.guerrette@hp.com I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks,
Marcel
Marcel Guerrette

You may receive this if you are not plugged into 220 volts.
Steven_105

I moved to 220v connection and messages stopped.