ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745795 Members
3820 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Faulty Cable Halts System While Booting Up?

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Faulty Cable Halts System While Booting Up?

When I connected the external 35/70 DLT tape drive to the on-board UW SCSI controller, no matter the tape drive was on or off, the system couldn't boot up and said a faulty SCSI cabel halts the system. It's a new cable and the only one can reach the drive with my setups. Any idea, besides changing cable? Thanks!!
6 REPLIES 6
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Faulty Cable Halts System While Booting Up?

Is this a Compaq SCSI Cable ? if not , please obtain a Compaq external SCSI cable .
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Yes, it's the cable that comes with Compaq DLT drive. Since I am not on site right now, I can't give you the p/n of the cable. Thanks!! It did show the message with an error ID 17xxxx in front of it.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Is there a cable on Port 1 of the embedded scsi (take off top panel, on mainboard). I have found that if there is a cable connected to this, it causes this error.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I think the drive cage connects to POrt 1 by default as a boot device. I connected the external DLT drive to the external port of embedded SCSI controller. Thanks guys for the helpful hints.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

BTW, Roger H, when you said "removed" you mean the terminator or all the devices connected to it?