ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752772 Members
4756 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Fibre Channel Host Controller Utilities?

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Fibre Channel Host Controller Utilities?

As Windows 2000 AS Cluster Services wants to see PHYSICAL DISKS to be managed by CS. Can you configure the RA4100 Storeage to be more granular eg. ONE Large RAID Set (10x18GB Disks) but split into 4 or 5 distinct LOGICAL disks drives without the loss of disk space associated with creating 4/5 separate Arrays??

This is a standard feature of many RAID 5 controllers - am I missing something or is there a utility to split a single array into many logical partitions which NT will see as separate disks.

Fingers crossed.. ;-)
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Fibre Channel Host Controller Utilities?

I hope I understand your question properly. When you create one large array (many hard drives in the same array), the next step is to creatre a logical drive. When this option is selected, you are presented a slide bar representing the size of the logical drive, and defaulting to the entire array. Slide this bar to the value you wish and save it. When you return to the ACU you will see the logical drive you created and the remaining free sapce. Repeat this as many times as necessary or until all the space in the array is configured.