1748202 Members
2969 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Files not getting deleted

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Files not getting deleted

My ProLiant ML370 has a RAID5 - with a Compaq Array 5300 controller card in it. All of a sudden users have noticed that when they delete a file - after a day or so it re-appears. I figured this has to be something w/ a controller card setting or something w/ the OS, too. Is there something wrong w/ the system not caching out the deleted files? It's nothing w/ my backups, because I don't have a restore function active and I've actually turned off a backup to see if the files come back and they do. I don't want this to grow into an even bigger problem. Some people notice they update a file and find older data on it next time them open it. This all sounds strange to me. Please advise!! Thanks :)
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The problem would have to be in the operating system - What applications are running? Are any of the users using software to synchronize their server disk space with local drives?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

There are no application run off the Server, expect for maybe 2 little small database programs....but this issue hasn't affected them yet. The Server is strictly a file server. I run ARCserve IT as my backup software. There is no client software for syncronizing their drives. And the data they are seeing are mapped drivers on the Server on the RAID5 Volume set. If it's the OS then how or where do I set it to purge files marked deleted so they don't get re-written to the original location? Thank you so much for your help.