5163 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Firmware Maintenance 9.0 on USB Key, Updated Firmware

Dan Gough
Occasional Advisor

Firmware Maintenance 9.0 on USB Key, Updated Firmware

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help, we have a number of different HP Proliant servers running with P400 Array controllers, these all require a critical firmware update which is not part of the Firmware maintenance 9.0.

We've created a USB Key and added the files (both online Windows and offline Linux SUSE versions) to the directory mentioned, within Windows (online update) the 7.18 firmware is spotted, however when performing an offline boot from USB key the version still states 7.08 included in firmware 9. I checked to include non-bundled products but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Dan
5 REPLIES 5
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Dan,

HP has released revision 7.18(B) which resolves an issue where the P400 controller is not detected during installation. This may resolve your problem.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1157687&swItem=MTX-d2785ac661bb497fb1bb64fad7&prodNameId=1157689&swEnvOID=2065&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=5

As you do with other packages you want to implement offline, download the SCEXE file to the USB.

good luck!
Leo Plewa
Advisor

Hello Dan,

i had the same problem until i choose the intercative update and afterwards select both offical bundles and in addition not allow non-bundle product but allow non-bundle versions.
Then all the new versions show up for installation.

Regards,

Leo
Dan Gough
Occasional Advisor

Sorry guys, I should have mentioned I have the scexe linked (7.18b) didn't mention the b in my original post.

When I run HPSUM.exe in Windows this finds the 7.18b update. Booting from the same USB key and selecting interactive update with non-bundled updates still offers me only 7.08 :(

P.S I created the USB Key using the following tool:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121486&prodNameId=3288144&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-3a87c15fff7048979ec74975e6

With Firmware Maintenance DVD 9, then copied the following files to the \HPFWUP900\hp\swpackages directory on the USB key:
cp013010.exe
cp013010.md5.txt
CP013142.md5
CP013142.scexe

And this is where I thought the problem might be, I noticed the .txt on cp013010.md5 and fixed this, however the problem is the same. When I boot the server 7.08 firmware is installed and even with allow non-bundled versions and allow non-bundled products checked I still only have the option to install 7.08 from boot.

Any tips or further advice welcome.

Cheers
Dan
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Well there is another method that might work... If you can place the scexe onto a floppy disk, you can use the "Add Supplemental Firmware" button in the HPSUM utility. This option allows you to add a specific component.
Dan Gough
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the response, most of our servers are remote and organising a body onsite is difficult at best :(

I've managed to get round this with 9.1 of the firmware maintenance which now includes the 7.18b revision of the P400 Array firmware.

Hopefully just a glitch on that revision that HP have resolved!?

Cheers
Dan