108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware Update Failes

SOLVED
Go to solution
daleblack
Occasional Advisor

Firmware Update Failes

I'm attempting to run the firmware update CD on a Proliant ML350 G6 server by booting to the firmware update CD. When I attempt and automatic or interactive update, i receive a message, Unable to access HP Update Manager. (Not verbatim, just what I remember.) I have windows small business server 2008 installed. After booting the server, I can't access the network and sharing center to update the IP address information. I also have received blue screens 0xC5, 0xC2 bad pool caller, 0x50 page fault in HPUSBXSC.SYS. The server was constantly rebooting. I was able to disable USB in the BIOS and get server to boot. I'm at a loss for what could be causing the problems. I have built many many HP proliant servers and have never seen this. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
cnb
Honored Contributor

Re: Firmware Update Failes

Dale,

Exactly *which* Firmware CD version are you trying to boot?

Is the CD/DVD drive locally attached or are you using virtual media via the USB port?

More info is needed.

Rgds,
daleblack
Occasional Advisor

I'm using version 9.20b, 2 Dec 2010 on DVD. Cold boot to DVD. The Firmware update screen comes up but I get the error when trying to do interactive update. Automatic update just tries to run then reboots the server with no message.
daleblack
Occasional Advisor

And it IS a locally attached DVD drive.
cnb
Honored Contributor
daleblack
Occasional Advisor

I couldn't get either of those links to work. However, I can't get to ilo because I can't configure the NIC. I have no network access. IML doesn't report anything related to firmware update. It only says that the nic is offline and has previous entries from before the array was configured.
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hmmmm, see if this one works:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64180&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884315

You can also configure the iLO in BIOS if it is enabled.

Rgds,

daleblack
Occasional Advisor

That link worked. Thanks. Let me see what I can figure out. Thanks for your help.
cnb
Honored Contributor
Solution

Dale,

You're welcome and Welcome to the ITRC Forum!

We use a point system to show thanks, so if any of this is helpful, please see this link:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/kudos#kudos

Best Regards,

-cnb

daleblack
Occasional Advisor

Not completely resolved but I suspect I may have a hardware problem as well. Opened a case to replace system board due to USB anomalies and firmware issues.