1752653 Members
5945 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant DL380 G4 Servers version 4.02

KevinTrombley
Occasional Contributor

Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant DL380 G4 Servers version 4.02

I've been searching for the Firmware upgrade for a DL380 G4.
I am looking to upgrade the RAM to 2x2GB RAM and it won't take. All the links I've found are dead.
Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant DL380 G4 Servers version 4.02

Welcome to the ITRC Forums!

The standard procedure:
Go to http://www.hp.com/go/support and select "Download drivers and software (and firmware)". Type in your server model (in this case, "DL380 G4" is enough and press Enter.

If your server model was ambiguous, the next page will be a list of matching server models: just pick one. If you're unsure, pick the basic model ("DL380 G4 Server").

The next step is OS selection. Pick the OS you're going to use for installing the firmware upgrades, if you intend to do it on-line. For off-line upgrades, pick whatever OS is most familiar to you: the off-line upgrades should be downloadable through all OS choices.

Now you should be on the download page. Go to the "Firmware" category. Click the name of the upgrade to read installation instructions, release notes, version history and/or whatever extra information is available, or simply click the Download button.

Some of the downloads are on a FTP server: if you're behind a firewall that does not allow FTP connections, your download might fail.

MK
MK
KevinTrombley
Occasional Contributor

Thank you MK for the advice. I do this on the daily for reloads and updates. The firmware for this server wasn't listed on the drivers page.
Thanks again for the help
sapopep3

All links in this post are dead and searches suggested here turn up no results. Anyone can helpme? I wish to update the firmaware on my G4

forfor

Hello from 2018 - is there any news about firmware updates ISO's?