Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware upgrade on P420i from an older 3.54 to 8 - stepping method, do you agree?

Highlighted
BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

Firmware upgrade on P420i from an older 3.54 to 8 - stepping method, do you agree?

Hi everyone,

I have to do a firmware upgrade on P420i from an older 3.54 to the latest 8 - opened an HPE case and they suggested a stepping method, do you agree?

They suggested 2 steps; start with an upgrade to 6 and then to 8; easy only 2 steps and 2 times reboot.

Does this suggestion sound like a valid one? Obviously I expected some incremental safety upgrades instead of jumping directly from 3.54 to 8 so I wonder if even going from 3 to 6 is sufficiently "safe" so to speak?

Thank you