108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Floppy boot array configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wholsea
Occasional Advisor

Floppy boot array configuration

My old-skool disk boot array configuration utility that I use on my 1600s doesn't work on my new DL380.

Is there a newer lightweight floppy array configuration out there that doesn't require me to download the smartstart ISO?
12 REPLIES 12
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Which array controller are you using on the DL380?
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Wholsea
Occasional Advisor

It is the integrated Compaq Smart Array Controller.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

If the firmware on the Integrated Smart array controller is up-to-date (I think 1.5) it should have the Options ROM for Configuring Arrays (ORCA) which can be accessed by hitting the F8 key during the array controller initialization process during post. Once you have configured the array you can boot the OS cd and install the OS; windows 2000 & 2003 have native support for this array controller. Once in the OS you can run the support pack to get the drivers updated.

Integrated Smart array controller Firmware: http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/14694.html (Disk 1)
Wholsea
Occasional Advisor

It does have the array config on it, and I have been able to "configure" the array, but I still have to press F1 to get by the "Array not configured" error before I can get on and install my OS...
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Hmmm├в ┬ж.... so,when the controller initializes on POST does it report a logical drive or does it report ├в Array not configured├в ? If the array is configured the controller should report a logical drive on post, if an array is not configured it will report array not configured. Try to delete the array in the ORCA and rec
Wholsea
Occasional Advisor

It reports the array, the logical drive, then it asks me to press F1 to continue...
Wholsea
Occasional Advisor

I'm sorry, It says F1 to continue or F10 for partition utilities.

The drive has a logical drive created, and partitions set up on it...

Vijay_44
Honored Contributor
Solution

Ah! The F1 is being generated is being generated by the 1615 error message; it will go away if you fix that (like by removing the secondary power supply).
As you have not used the smart start cd you will not we able to access the F10 partition as its not installed. If you would like to have the system partition utility installed, run the SCU from diskette ├в SP19619 - http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html .

Once you install the SCU there is an option to disable the F1 boot prompt.
I hope this is what you were looking fo