1748265 Members
3965 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Foundation Agents

Cyro

Hi,

We are running a Windows Server 2003 (x86) Enterprise Edition with Service Pack1, on a Proliant DL 380 G5 with PSP 7.70. The physical memory is 4 GBytes.

The BOOT.INI has been configured with the option "/3GB /userva=2900". After we had removed these options, the errors have stopped to appear in the system event log.

Of course, it is not a solution. But it can give us some clues to identify if this problem is caused by a memory bottleneck/misconfiguration. Anyway, I still believe that is a bug in the HP Proliant agent.

Do you have the same configuration in the BOOT.INI?
Mark_Taylor

Hi,

I have solved this problem by downgrading the PSP to 7.51 - this indicates a problem with the Agent/Driver - I also tried upgrading to PSP 7.7 to no avail.

Windows 2000 Server (SBS).
ML370 G4

Hopefully PSP 7.8 will address this issue.
Melissa Ananta

I have the /3GB switch in the boot.ini on my exchange servers that this is occurring on. The email I received from the HP support services told me to uninstall the agents, install the 7.5 level and then upgrade back to the 7.6 and let them know if the problem returns.

Well considering that I would have to schedule multiple downtimes to accomplish all that with all 4 servers, I am just going to live with the situation until we upgrade to exchange 2007 (soon) and move onto new hardware.

I did see a difference in the committed/available bytes of memory, with the committed bytes increased and available bytes decreased, but overall performance does not appear to be affected, so I am just not going to bother with this.

I agree that this definitely appears to be an issue with the PSP as the problem did not appear on any of these servers until I upgraded the PSP to 7.6. HP needs to fix it!
SystemPanel

Has anyone tried running 'diskperf -y' to re-register logical and physical disk counters? I found the same thing happened on a Win2K/Ex2k server I have. It's a ML350 G4, I haven't had a chance to reboot it yet, but I found this was tied to a foundation agent object, and was missing linkage between objects. It might adversely affect disk I/O performance for some machines though.
robpow

There is an updated Foundation Agent 7.80 out now but it doesn't fix the problem either.

Did anyone manage track down the root cause of this?

/m
jjwilson

same issue dl385 w2kadv server, exch 2k
run diskperf -N to unregister counters reboot
after restart run diskperf -Y to re-register counters
problem solved
Melissa Ananta

jjwilson wrote "run diskperf -N to unregister counters reboot
after restart run diskperf -Y to re-register counters
problem solved"

jj you rock! I have been waiting for someone to submit a solution on this! Thank you thank you thank you!

I am just really disappointed that the HP team did not provide a solution on this without uninstalling and going back a level, that's just ridiculous!!!
sjameson

Hi, i have tried the fix but i am still getting an the error. it is being logged every 2 minutes in the system log. we are experiencing performance problems on the virtual guests running on this box.

system
DL380 G3 W2k03 R2 running virtual server
4gb ram. latest firmware install and 7.6 PSP.
googler

Tried the fix, no such luck. Still getting messages every 2 minutes and a few BSOD's - PSP 7.8 doesn't help. Anybody get anything from HP support about this yet?

DL580 G4, win2k3SP2 Ent, SAN attached.

Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

Hi ~
give it a try ~~

SOLUTION:

Execute the following command from a command line and reboot the server:

diskperf -N

This disables all logical and physical windows disk performance counters.

Once the server comes back up, re-enable the counters by entering the following from a command line and reboot:

diskperf -Y

Once the performance counters were reset with the above procedure the 2099 Foundation Agent errors in the event log ceased.

Regards.