Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation Agents

Julian Southern
Occasional Advisor

Foundation Agents

Hi

Hope this is the correct forum to post this, apologues if not.

I am getting the following warning in the system log every two minutes:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Foundation Agents
Event Category: Host
Event ID: 2099
Date: 29/09/2006
Time: 11:54:02
User: N/A
Computer: ERUCONGRESS
Description:
Component: Host Agent
Error: Unable to acquire file system information for %1
Cause: This error can be caused by a low memory condition. Rebooting the server may correct this error.
Data:
0000: 57 00 00 00 W...

I have the latest support pack installed.

Has anybody come across this problem before?

Cheers

Julian
29 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation Agents

Do you have any problem with accessing any drive, partitions, or if you do have any Unallocated/Unused or not been formatted / partitioned space?
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

When you mentioned, "I have the latest PSP intalled, did you mean PSP 7.60 or another version?
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Julian Southern
Occasional Advisor

I dont have any problems accessing any drives and have no unpartitioned space. I have version 7.60 psp installed. it started to happen when i installed this.
Andrea Cataldo
Occasional Visitor

I have exactly the same problem: after I have installed the 7.60 PSP the system log is full of these warnings.

Obviusly I have rebooted the system more times without any result
Hoekwater, Raymond
Occasional Visitor

Well actually we have the same error which comes back every 2 minutes. There is a workaround but it's to just disable the Host Agent part from within the configuration. But in a way that feels like closing your eyes for something terrible that could happen.
Anyway, we use the 7.6 set as well and it was installed about 5 weeks ago, until November 20th we had none of these errors, that's when we updated the server with Microsoft updates (it's a windows2000 with Exchange 2000 (front end) server.
The following updates were installed.
MS06-049 920958
MS06-055 925486
MS06-057 923191
MS06-061 924191
MS06-063 923414
MS06-066 923980
MS06-067 922760
MS06-068 920213
MS06-070 924270
MS06-071 927978
at the moment we downgraded the Management agent from 7.6 to 7.5 and the error is gone.
Of course we still want the newer version to be installed on this server so we would love to see more information about this issue.
Stratis
Occasional Visitor

Hello from greece too.
I am also having the same errors on a DL360 with 7.60. Hosting windows 2000 and exchange 2000 server.
Is this known to HP ? will be an update availiable soon ?

Thanks
Tsakalos Stratis
s.tsakalos@ideal.gr
James Lambert
Occasional Visitor

We are having the same issue with a couple of our older servers connected to our SAN. This is only occuring on those. All other servers old and new are fine with the latest PSP. The servers are DL580's with FCA 2101 HBA's running Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000. I am going to downgrade to the 7.51 version of the PSP to see if that clears this error.

What hardware are you on?
Lüssi
Occasional Visitor

We do also use

DL380 G3 with W2000adv Srv

I made a downgrade to 7.51 too, but would like to have more information about this case.
Stratis
Occasional Visitor

i dont know if its relevant but in my effort of fixing other event viewer errors. I installed hotfix KB838969 from microsoft and also disabled performance counters for asp.net framework v2.0 and this error also dont seem to appear !!!
Shmulik Teva
Occasional Visitor

Hi i have fix the problem by installing the new version of support pack 7.7, tell me if
it's helps.
Doo Ho Shin
Occasional Visitor

Hi!

I have a same problem.
The server has been shutting down serveral times in a day unexpectedly.
===== blue screen code =======
*** STOP : 0x000001E(0x80000003, 0xDD458360, 0x00000000, 0xF351E948)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

===== Server Spec =======
HP DL580G4
2 Processor 8 Core L3 Cache 8GB Memory
App : MS Exchange 2000
Storage : SAN

If you solve this problem before, Please Reply to me
Shmulik Teva
Occasional Visitor

did the problem solved by installing support pack 7.7

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26020.html
John Karpouhtsis
Occasional Visitor

Hi I have exactly the same problem as Doo Ho Shin.
I have this configuration
===== Server Spec =======
HP DL580G4
4 Processor 8 Core L3 Cache 8GB Memory
8GB RAM
App : Oracle 9i2
Storage : EVA 4000/8000

when i had the 2,8Ghz Processors i didnt have any problem. when i change them i get

===== blue screen code =======
*** STOP : 0x000001E(0x80000003, 0xDD45B2F0, 0x000000, 0xF0A78948)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I did a firmware update and i installed the latest support pack (the link here is for 2003 server, i downloaded the pack for 2000)

I get the same error once a day.
I believe that it has to do with the Storage device but i cant find any driver update for it.

The problem is very important because it can corrupt my database.

Any solution suggested?

cuadmin
Occasional Visitor

Hi
I am experiencing a similar problem on a ML350.
Seems to have occured since installing a Powerware UPS.
I have installed Support Pack 7.70 but problem still exists & HP have been no help.
Would love to hear of a fix for this problem.
raj.jotangiyamottmac.co
Occasional Visitor

Does any one know how to downgrade from Smart start 7.60 to 7.51. As I too am having the same issues.
Stratis
Occasional Visitor

you can install any previoys psp and when installing check the box that says: allow to overwrite newer components
raj.jotangiyamottmac.co
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the information. I tried v7.51 and it has not helped as I am still getting the wrning message about the foundation agent Component: Host Agent
Error: Unable to acquire file system information for %1
Cause: This error can be caused by a low memory condition. Rebooting the server may correct this error.
Any body else got solution for this.

Raj
Mark_Taylor
Occasional Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem but of course there is no PSP 7.7 for Windows 2000 - that I can find in any case - if there is please let me know...
Melissa Ananta
Occasional Visitor

I had this issue occur on 4 servers that I updated to the newest PSP, PSP 7.6, on one of these servers (the inactive node of one of my clusters) after I installed the PSP I went back and updated the firmware for the array controller, and that server is not getting the memory error. I have scheduled downtimes tonight for the remaining servers and will upgrade the array firmware for those as well and see if that resolves this error for them also.
Cyro
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

We are running a Windows Server 2003 (x86) Enterprise Edition with Service Pack1, on a Proliant DL 380 G5 with PSP 7.70. The physical memory is 4 GBytes.

The BOOT.INI has been configured with the option "/3GB /userva=2900". After we had removed these options, the errors have stopped to appear in the system event log.

Of course, it is not a solution. But it can give us some clues to identify if this problem is caused by a memory bottleneck/misconfiguration. Anyway, I still believe that is a bug in the HP Proliant agent.

Do you have the same configuration in the BOOT.INI?
Mark_Taylor
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have solved this problem by downgrading the PSP to 7.51 - this indicates a problem with the Agent/Driver - I also tried upgrading to PSP 7.7 to no avail.

Windows 2000 Server (SBS).
ML370 G4

Hopefully PSP 7.8 will address this issue.
Melissa Ananta
Occasional Visitor

I have the /3GB switch in the boot.ini on my exchange servers that this is occurring on. The email I received from the HP support services told me to uninstall the agents, install the 7.5 level and then upgrade back to the 7.6 and let them know if the problem returns.

Well considering that I would have to schedule multiple downtimes to accomplish all that with all 4 servers, I am just going to live with the situation until we upgrade to exchange 2007 (soon) and move onto new hardware.

I did see a difference in the committed/available bytes of memory, with the committed bytes increased and available bytes decreased, but overall performance does not appear to be affected, so I am just not going to bother with this.

I agree that this definitely appears to be an issue with the PSP as the problem did not appear on any of these servers until I upgraded the PSP to 7.6. HP needs to fix it!
SystemPanel
Occasional Visitor

Has anyone tried running 'diskperf -y' to re-register logical and physical disk counters? I found the same thing happened on a Win2K/Ex2k server I have. It's a ML350 G4, I haven't had a chance to reboot it yet, but I found this was tied to a foundation agent object, and was missing linkage between objects. It might adversely affect disk I/O performance for some machines though.
robpow
Occasional Visitor

There is an updated Foundation Agent 7.80 out now but it doesn't fix the problem either.

Did anyone manage track down the root cause of this?

/m