1748232 Members
3284 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Foundation Pack on 800 server

Harrison Midkiff
Occasional Contributor

Foundation Pack on 800 server

I have a ProLiant 800 server. I build the box using the old SmartStart 5.5. After that I applied the 7.5 foundation back. It says you can install it on the web site. After the install I can not get into the ACU or the management home page. Is there a post fix for this?
4 REPLIES 4
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation Pack on 800 server

Hi,

what do you mean by "can not get into ACU". Is it saying access denied due to invalid login credentials? For Agents pre-7.2 the login for SMH/ACU was administrator/administrator (or whatever password you set), but from 7.2 upwards, you login using a Windows account with local Admin rights (if you are in a Domain then use notation DOMAIN\user as a username)

If this is not your problem then please provide more details of the error.

Regards,
Stephen
Harrison Midkiff
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for replying...

The ACU utility hangs and I finally have to end task it. I will try the admin/admin log in and let you know.
Harrison Midkiff
Occasional Contributor

The management page... Right now the server is just in a workgroup not part of a domain. I tried workgroup\administrator but didn't get in.
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

You only need the domain prefix if you are actually in a domain. For a workgroup just use the user name and password of a Windows admin account.
From System Management Homepage there should be a link to ACU, and that should work.

Regards,
Stephen