5670 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Freeze every 30 seconds

Vestia
Occasional Contributor

Freeze every 30 seconds

L.s.

I'm having a problem with several of my Citrix Presentations 4.0 servers. The problem occurs randomly. Users experience sudden slowness en delay while opening or operating IE, Outlook 2000, Explorer or other apps. I can reproduce the problem by opening the context menu of a directory. I takes about 20 to 30 seconds before the menu appears. Then about 20 to 30 seconds I can open the context menu without a problem, then the delay occurs again.

The servers on which the problem occurs are new build servers. I have about 10 older DL360 G4p's which have no problem.

The troubleshooting so far when the problem occurs:
-rebooting solves the problem
-logging of al users and killing all user processes doesn't solve the problem.
-The problem also occurs when logged on to the console
-disabling network doesn't solves the problem. The problem occurs also after disabling the nic's.
-Patch & hoftix level of W2k SP4 are the same with the servers which don't have the problem
-Firmware & HP Driver level are the same with the servers which don't have the problem
-Compared 10.000 perfmon counters (the most obvious like processor, memory, physical disk i/o don't exeed any thresholds)
-disabled Anti-virus, diskeeper and serveral other services.
-No eventviewer entries which gives a clue
-Enough diskspace left (65% free)

Any suggestions are more then welcome.

Regards, Misja Geuskens, Netherlands
2 REPLIES 2
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Freeze every 30 seconds

If i was you i would boot with offline diagnostique tool of HP( in think it in smart Start CD) and test the memory ,CPU then big test!!
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Freeze every 30 seconds

i think it might be a memory problem!