cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Redundancy For DL380 & DL585 Server

Chaw Siew Keong
Occasional Contributor

Full Redundancy For DL380 & DL585 Server

Hi, I planning to buy few DL380 & DL585 server for my company. I need the information on full redundancy for this 2 type of server. Beside the power supply / memory, i heard we also can have redundancy for the SCSI & Raid Card. Is that correct ? How can going to configure it and what item i should purchase so to have this full redundancy ? Can any one help me here ??? Thank you very much !!!

Regards,
2 REPLIES
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Re: Full Redundancy For DL380 & DL585 Server

Hi!

There is no universal approach to configure fully redundant STANDALONE server. You can order all high availability parts such as additional PSU, BBWC module, Hot-Plug fans kit and so on. Creating redundant RAID configuration is not recommended in your case (low number of disk drives). Redundant configuration of memory is available by enable some features in RBSU, when you have more than 2 memory modules.
I advise you to place your order to any HP Preffered Partner company to be sure that the right configuration will be purchase...
Chaw Siew Keong
Occasional Contributor

Re: Full Redundancy For DL380 & DL585 Server

Thank you for your advise !

By the way, can i know more on the difference of using half duplex and full duplex setting for the SCSI controller !!!

Thank you !