1748104 Members
4447 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Fuse on Intercon.Switch Blades

Zvonko Patafta
Occasional Advisor

Fuse on Intercon.Switch Blades

I have no power on one of Enclosure's both Intercon. Switches. Both 40p Blade servers are powered on on the same enclosure.
I replaced one of the 'Interconnects', but power is stil off. Checking though web access, clicking on Interconnect Switch I found that one of the fuses is down. Where are these fuses?! In the enclosure or inside the Interconn. switch?! What is troubleshooting procedure?! I did not find it in the Blade documents. Or, simply I missed something.
4 REPLIES 4
Roy Main
Valued Contributor

There is a fuse for each slot in the power backplane. Try your switches in another enclosure to make sure they are good.

You may have a bad pwr backplane or signal backplane. YOu can also try swapping these with another enclosure to see which is not working.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Check all switches and wiring, check the Power LED for Mini bus bar or Scalable bus bar

Check page 13 for components â reset them
Did you get any light on the back?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00065042/c00065042.pdf

Can you see second enclosure trough management links - Power management Module Firmware at least 2.10 or 2.20? and reset after

Fuses is part of backplane on the enclosure, it's not a physical switch or etc ..
Zvonko Patafta
Occasional Advisor

I tried replacing Intercon. switches - the same No result. Yesterday, on first attempt the Intercon. switches got the power on. However, I intentionally repowered the enclosure and the same problem appeared again, no power on Intercon. switches.
I have 2 racks, 1-st one with 3 p-enclosures, and 2-nd with 2 p-enclosures. As the first rack installation is priority, I swapped that enclosure by good one to keep working on Blade servers.
FW for p-enclosure is 2.20
FW for power enclosure is 2.10
I will test this issue again on 2-nd rack.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor