cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G3 DL380 - motherboard LEDs

David Hayes_4
Occasional Contributor

G3 DL380 - motherboard LEDs

Can anyone point me to some documentation that explains what the different motherboard LEDs signify on a Proliant DL380?

Background: I've got a 2-CPU G3 DL380 running RedHat ES 3.0, booting off an MSA1000 via a Qlogic Fibrechannel card. For the last three weeks or so, it's been crashing every ~48 hours or so. When it's on, the CR47 & CR48 LEDs on the motherboard are flashing amber, and the CR59, CR66 & CR67 LEDs are Solid Amber. I assume these LEDs are trying to tell me something, but I don't know what.

Thanks.

--david
4 REPLIES 4
Todd Morrey
Occasional Visitor

Re: G3 DL380 - motherboard LEDs

To clarify for David (I am working on the same server)...

The LEDs in question are not documented at all in any of the server manuals that I could see.

I attached a map of the DL380 motherboard with the LEDs in question highlighted in red. There are two rows of 12? LEDs where we have the 5 amber ones showing. The rest are off.

We also have another DL380 G3 server (exact same hardware I believe) and none of these lights are on.

Anybody seen this before??
ernst limbrunner
Trusted Contributor

hi david

these leds seem to bee connected with the smart 5i. smart controllers also have a douzend of leds.

just watch the leds during post and then with disk activity.

for details see the attached dokument.

best regards
ernesto
Highlighted
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi ALL

Check Doccument it can help you

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Paul Young_3
Frequent Advisor

Hi David,

This may be a bit post event for you but we had issues with CR59, CR66 and CR67 and found them to be a jumper setting on the motherboard (no 3) being on when it should be set to off.

Just see the jumper settings on the inside of the server cover.

Cheers
why?