Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G3 and G2 in same enclosure

global socialite
Occasional Contributor

G3 and G2 in same enclosure

I am new to the HP systems.

Can the G3 and G2 blades work in the same enclosure or do I have to seperate them into their own enclosures?
5 REPLIES
Ozan GUNAYDIN
Frequent Advisor

Re: G3 and G2 in same enclosure

They can work in the same enclosure, there is no problem.

But the important thing is the version of the enclosure. For old enclosures you have to use a different ethernet cable for each blade for iLO.

But for new ones you have to connect only one ethernet cable for whole enclosure.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes we can use in same enclouse.
But: Q for you Ozan GUNAYDIN --- (
But the important thing is the version of the enclosure. For old enclosures you have to use a different ethernet cable for each blade for iLO. But for new ones you have to connect only one ethernet cable for whole enclosure. )

Q What are we refering here regarding ILO. how are we going to connect in both the cases? what kind of different cable options we are refering to here.

Prashant S.

Nothing is impossible
Ozan GUNAYDIN
Frequent Advisor

Hi PrashantS

I am talking about iLo connection. Some blade enclosure needs seperate network connections for each blade's iLO access. That means 1 utp per blade iLO. And new enclosures provide 1 utp per enclosure iLO.

Regards
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

i am aware about the enclousers where are enclousers are connected in chain and one port it connected to network switch and we use it for ilo connections.

or by using the front connection using a dongle
http://docs.hp.com/en/354555-001/354555-001.pdf

page information : 6-1 (76 of 115)

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The p-Class enclosure had a network connection for each iLO that would appear as a switched interface with the GbE or CGESM switches or as a per-blade connection when Ethernet pass-through was used. This meant that there were a total of 3 production and 1 iLO interface available per full-height bay.

The p-Class Enhanced enclosure introduced the ability to have half-height blades which needed more connectivity, namely at least 2 production and 1 iLO for each half-height bay (equalling 4 production and 2 iLO for the full height). The Enhanced enclosure removed iLO from the production network switches and provided an aggregate single connection to the enclosure for all iLO traffic.