ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753868 Members
7434 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: G5p and G6 (NC382i) SCCM OSD issues

isc-win

G5p and G6 (NC382i) SCCM OSD issues

Since receiving the new DL385 G5p and DL380 G6 server we are not able to autoinstall W2k8 using our SCCM OSD setup. The issue are the new onboard NICs NC382i used in both models. As soon as the W2k8 setup initializes the Driver package the setup bombs out with error 0x80004005. We have tried numerous things without any success (Firmware, Driver versions etc). If we insert another NIC the install works ok. We also opened a call with HP. However, they have not replied in A while and we are unsure where the case is at.
Has anyone the same issues or even better - solutions?
14 REPLIES 14
Habicht
Occasional Advisor

Hi there

We have exactly the same issue.
Automatic detection doesn't work. But if i load the driver files with drvload.exe manually, the 4 NICs are well recognized. Can anybody help us with this problem?
Neal Delpero

Can you please advise the HP Case number?
Habicht
Occasional Advisor

We do not have an open case. But meanwhile we found a solution for the problem.
isc-win

Hello Neal,
Our Case number is 1605022016. We just received an update. Even though they had issues in the lab they have not been able to reproduce the same problem.

el_ame,
What was your solution? It be great to get the OSD going. Deploying with add-on cards is a pain as the MAC gets registered in SCCM. Hence, we have to delete and reinstall the clients.
Habicht
Occasional Advisor

The boot image we used, was based on Win PE 2.0 without SP1. We created a new boot image based on Win PE with SP1. We also had drivers from old ML370 and other old models in the driver repository. We completely deleted the old drivers from the repository. Now we are using only actual drivers we need for our Server models.
isc-win

Hello el_ame,
Thanks for your reply. We use PE2.1. I also created a vanilla boot.wim just for the G5p and injected the latest NC382i driver. However, the error is the same. There is no newer PE until MS releases PE3.0.
Just to verify: Your problem was also with G5p and G6 server? And you solved it by removing old drivers from the repository? That sound interesting. After all the drivers in repository are not necessarily in each boot.wim. Why should they cause a problem? Can you maybe list the BIOS, Firmware and driver version that works for you?
Habicht
Occasional Advisor

We had this problem only with the new DL380 G6.

The NIC driver we use is provided with support pack cp010693
We use all of the provided inf files:

bxdiag.inf
bxnd.inf
bxois.inf
bxvbd.inf

System BIOS Version P62 (2009/06/20)

NIC firmware:
Boot Code 4.6.4
iSCSI 3.0.6

provided by cp010607.exe
isc-win

el_ame,
Thanks for the info. Can you also give me the exact build version of your WinPE?
Habicht
Occasional Advisor