cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GBE2 Switch with Windows clustering

Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

GBE2 Switch with Windows clustering

I have the Balde servers BL 20 P G3 and i want to install Windows Cluster. I have the GBE2-Interconnect switch.
I want to know how to enalbe Heart Beat connectivity in GBE2 Switch. How to assign Heart Beat Connectivity for the ports in GBe2 Switch..??

Thanks
3 REPLIES
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

Re: GBE2 Switch with Windows clustering

basically all you would need to do is create a new vlan, and add the 2 ports where the Heartbeat NICs connect.

For example, I will use LAC 4 on my 2 cluster nodes as my heartbeat NIC. My cluster nodes are BL20pg3 servers in slot 4 and 7. LAC 4 terminates on switch B so I will create VLAN 111 and add ports 8 and 14 to this VLAN and nothing else.

apply and save

Now if your heartbeat NICs terminate to different switches, the VLAN you create will need to be extended at least to every switch in the path between the 2 heartbeat NICs.
Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

HI,

Thanks for the reply.

we forget the password for the GBE2 Interconnecting switch. Is there any way to login to the GBE2 Interconnecting switch by using any default password??

Thanks
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the GBE2 switch can be accessed via telnet using 'admin' as the login and no password is needed.

HTH

regards, Kris