108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

GbE2 Interconnect Switch and SIM 4.2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mustafa Sayla_1
Occasional Advisor

GbE2 Interconnect Switch and SIM 4.2

I have recently setup our blade infrastructure with two power enclosure, two enhanced server enclosure and each enclosure has two BlP 20 G3 servers. Everything seems to be working fine except that when i look into the SIM 4.2 integrated console it does not show me my interconnect switches. i have successfully upgraded the switch firmware to 2.10 but the boot image still shows as 1.1.3 and i don't know how to do that. Could that be why i am not seeing interconnect switches in SIM 4.2 or i am missing some configuration.
3 REPLIES 3
Greg Healy_1
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: GbE2 Interconnect Switch and SIM 4.2

I currently have 1.1.3/1.1.3 and 2.1.0/2.1.0 GbE2 Interconnects that are visible to HPSIM4.2.

Have not tried a 2.1.0/1.1.3 GbE2. I seem to remember a recommendation to upgrade and maintain both GbE2 firmware and boot images to the same level.

Have you had them visible before? I suggest that you see what happens when you manually re-discover the GbE2s.

If not, then make sure that your using the right SNMP community strings.

Also if you have hardened the GbE2 config and used the MNET feature that at least one of the HPSIM server's ip interfaces is accepted by the MNET address range.

Greg
Mustafa Sayla_1
Occasional Advisor

how to you upgrade the boot image to 2.10 i cannot find it anywhere in the manual
Mustafa Sayla_1
Occasional Advisor

thanks Greg, I totally forgot about the snmp commnunity strings setup and once i set the correct stirng and i can now see the switches in the integrated consoles. Also i was able to upgrade the boot image through the serial console