5212 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Gen 10 - Intelligent Provisioning

gtait
Advisor

Gen 10 - Intelligent Provisioning

Hi

When attempting to run intelligent provisining on a new server I receive the following:

Error: No such device embedded 310

I am not exactly sure what this points to. I tried to hunt down what I could. 

The only thing I installed was 2 pci SFP cards both which according to the system are healthy.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Gareth

10 REPLIES 10
KK
HPE Pro

Hi Gareth,

Could you please let us know the server model, Intelligent Provisioning version, model of SFP cards and screenshot of the error. It would help us to drill down the error and we would be able to help you.

In case any additional logs required, we may request you to log a support case with HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
gtait
Advisor

Hi

The server model is Proliant DL380 Gen10

Intelligent provsioning firmware version: 3.10.222

SFP Cards: HP NC552SFP 10GbE 2P Flex-10

Finally the error is attached. This is shown immediately when loading intelligent provisioning.

Regards,

Gareth

KK
HPE Pro

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the response. 

We recommend to update the Intelligent Provisioning to the latest version 3.20. It can be downloaded from https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1008862660&swItemId=MTX_fa65ef80c45a464e8ab3d3e3ac&swEnvOid=4184.

If the issue remains same after the Intelligent Provisioning upgrade, please open a support case with HPE and we will help you to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
gtait
Advisor

Thanks.

The problem I now have is that the server can't boot from the USB where the ISO has been written too.

I tried Rufus and I also tried the HP utility. On both times the server fails to boot from the device. It does list the device in one time boot and I also tried the UEFI boot application selecting the USB and selecting the file to boot from. It simply stays on the HP logo and does nothing.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Did you use the HPE USB key utility that is included in the ISO image?  Another suggestion is to use SW6 reset to clear NVRAM. 

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
gtait
Advisor

Hi Jimmy

I wasn't aware the key utility was part of the iso package but I see it's the same version I had already used yesterday.

I can most definetely try clearing NVRAM. 

Regards,

Gareth

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> I tried Rufus and I also tried the HP utility. 

What is the version of the HPE utility?

It is something special with these ISOs (same for SPP), the config file inside the ISO is telling the utility how to create the bootable USB key device, try version 3.0, it is inside the ISO in USB directory.

Hence Rufus and others don't work as expected.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
gtait
Advisor

Hi Torsten

I tired that method and it didn't work. The thing is the server recgonised the device in the front USB. It got to the Hewlett Packard logo and just comes to a halt. CTRL+ALT+DEL will restart it. That's it. The next time it rebooted it didn't recognise the device. ANyway I thought I was stuck but it seems I can use the system configuration for RAID utility and configuring ILO which is exactly what I was looking to do through the Intelligent Provisioning.

Thanks,

Gareth

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I suggest to use the one embedded in the ISO as over time the utility gets updated, but in this case we know it is the same version.  

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!