4838 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Gen9 Drivers in Onview for system center

Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Gen9 Drivers in Onview for system center

Hi.

We are trying out OS deployment with SCCM for our Gen9 servers. We downloaded the hp oneview for system center 7.5 and installed the HP ProLiant SCCM 2012 Integration Kit manully as the manual stated. But when we have installed Windows 2012 R2 on a DL360 Gen9 servers there are still Unrecognized devices in the Device manager. I've checked the content of the driver packages from HP ProLiant SCCM 2012 Integration Kit and it looks like It's got the basic drivers for Network, Array controller and so on. If we install an older server a bl460 g7 with windows 2012 R2 it doesn't have any unrecogined devices.

This is not really a problem as we always run the SPP right after installation anyway but it's a bit of a headscratcher for me and i hope someone can confirm my thoughts as to why it behaves this way.

My thoughts are that HP puts the minimum amount of drivers in the HP ProLiant SCCM 2012 Integration Kit to keep the size down and just get the OS working. And for the DL360 Gen9 having unrecognised devices and the BL460 G7 doesn't is that Windows contains the drivers for the G7 drivers but not the Gen9 server.

Can some one confirm or correct me on this one please?

Regards

//Cederberg