1751894 Members
5008 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Gen9 version control agent

araison
Occasional Contributor

Gen9 version control agent

The server is  a DL380 Gen9 with Windows Server 2012 R2 installed. I know we don't have to use the Windows agents but we have. Firstly on the HP support website the version control agent isn't even available to download when you select this hardware and OS. Is it not supported?

I've installed the latest Windows x64 VCA version 7.3.3.0, presumign it is supported. It is not showing the ROM version for the array controller P440ar. Strange it isn't being picked up by the VCA, looks like a bug to me.

Lastly the main system ROM displays differently now. Installed version displays as '2014.07.11' and the latest version displays as '1.21 11-03-2014'. The human eye can see that it is not up to date but appears to confuse the green tick indicator which is telling me otherwise, again looks like a bug in the VCA. Is  a new version about to be released?

5 REPLIES 5
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Gen9 version control agent

Hi,

You may try installing the HP Insight Management Agents from the following URL and the latest version of HP Version Control Repository Manger from the following URL and check if the issue is resolved. The latest version currently for HP Version Control Repositoty Manager is 7.4.0.0.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

araison
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I have HP Insight Management Agents 10.0.0.0 and VCRM 7.4.0.0. In the SMH the VCA still does not show the array controller ROM version at all, no line for it, and the system ROM is incorrectly green when it is out of date.

Regards, Andrew

Bill_Yorker
Occasional Advisor

I am having the same issue. Used the latest SPP, running HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server x64 Editions ver 10.30.0.0 and there is no software status nor is there a VCA to install?

T2
Occasional Advisor

I am working on this since days now. I do not understand, where the actual VCA lives or if it is no more modern to be used. I manually installed a version directly from my HP SIM Repo folder. But this seems to be wrong to me. Please, HPE, give us some advice!

In my case it is about some DL360 Gen9.

Best regards

James V. Tran
Occasional Advisor

According to HP:

DETAILS

HP Version Control Agent (VCA) has reached End of Life (EOL). No resolution is being developed for this issue.

More information can be found at the following link:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=7271241&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05216407