1752795 Members
6420 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Get notified on disk failure

CypherMike
Advisor

Get notified on disk failure

I have a couple ML350 G4p, DL360 G5/G6/G7 and a DL380 G4 (all using very recent PSP versions).

I have ran and configured the Event Notifier Configuration Wizard. If I pull out a HDD (simulating a failed drive) I don't receive any warnings (through e-mail).

How can I be notified of such failures.
5 REPLIES 5
CypherMike
Advisor

TTr, I meant HP Management Agents Event Notifier Configuration Wizard by "Event Notifier Configuration Wizard"

It gets installed with PSP and can be found in Start\HP Management Agents\Event Notifier Config

Do the posted links provide additional functionality for HP Management Agents, is this an addon or a completly different thing? Any documentation for it (I'd rather gather as much information as possible as to what exactly these do before installing on a production server).

Thank you in advance for any additional information that you can provide.
CypherMike
Advisor

I went ahead and tried to install the recommended service (although a newer one http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=MTX-861dca6a62184cc68e243bbd47&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3454575) without having the full knowledge and received:

"The software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system."

Please assist me in any way you can.
CypherMike
Advisor

Can anyone provide any guidance whatsoever how to accomplish this (without having a full HP Systems Insight Manager install just for this/in a small environment).
CypherMike
Advisor

Am I the only one that wants to be notified of a RAID, HDD issue when it occurs...how do you guys handle this?

Since the lack of responses is worrying me, is this even the appropriate venue to ask about this?