5413 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Getting started with HP Proliant ML350 G6

stargate71
Occasional Visitor

Getting started with HP Proliant ML350 G6

Hello,

There is this one division in our office who wants to assess their existing server, the HP Proliant ML 350 G6.  At a first glance, it's obvious that it hasnt been used since it was bought in January 2010 and after 6 years, their office decided to use it.  My problem now is I am not that well versed with servers much more I couldn't find cds that came with it.  Now, I wonder if there is anybody here who could help me where to start.  I believe it has no OS yet. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Edwin Eppel
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting started with HP Proliant ML350 G6

Click on the Support link at the top of the page. Then under Product Support click on "HP Severs, Storage and Netwrorking". In the box enter "Proliant ML350 G6" and click Go. That will take you to http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?sp4ts.oid=3884315 which has all of the drivers and manuals. You should also download the latest SPP (Service Pack for Proliant).

While you can download the latest drivers, note that the latest system BIOS is only available if you purchase a support contract (Entitlement required). If you need to make a bootable USB key, use the HPE USB Key Utility. The Smart Start CD is available for some but not all OS (eg. available for Server 2008 but not 2012).