1748165 Members
4197 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ghost DL360 G3

Steve_322
Occasional Contributor

Ghost DL360 G3

I am trying to create a dos boot disk for a proliant DL360 G3.
I would like the disk to enable the network and disk drives so they are accessible via dos and ghost2003.
Please does anyone have any autoexec.bat files and config.sys files that work, or give me any ideas of how to get this to work?
Thanks for any info
Steve.knight@tencel.com
5 REPLIES 5
Eric Torbenson
Frequent Advisor

Re: Ghost DL360 G3

Take a look at the SmartStart Scripting Toolkit documentation. Even if you don't want to use the full Kit, there's an Appendix in the Best Practices guide that walks you through the procedure for creating a LAN Manager (DOS) boot disk with NIC and SCSI disk support.

You can download the Toolkit from http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18475.html .

The basic steps are to create a boot disk using the Microsoft Network Client for MS-DOS files (free download from MS,) integrating your NIC driver(s), and loading a SCSI driver that gives you access to the server's hard drives.
Steve_322
Occasional Contributor

This works very similar to the generation using NCadmin on winNT, which I have just found.
This works but does not give me the info/drivers for the scsi/array to allow me to use ghost2003.
Thanks
Steve_322
Occasional Contributor

I have created a disk that does the job for me,
with the help from http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/
The b57 NIC driver works with the DL360.
Also ghost 2003 allows you to ghost partition to partition, even on NTFS formats.
PS If you use the network do not use a domain name as the disk tries to load DNR.exe.
Glenn_74
Occasional Contributor

Hi Guys,

Can someone email the network boot disk for a DL360 G3. The instructions on Bart's web site are not strait forward.

glenn.merretz@health.qld.gov.au & glenn_bec@dodo.com.au

Thanks for your help

Glenn
Jubal
Occasional Advisor

I get errors using Bart's disk. It always has to abort my autoexec. Did you have any luck on this?

Thanks!