cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost Images from DL380G4 won't boot on DL360G4

Rob Weirick
Occasional Visitor

Ghost Images from DL380G4 won't boot on DL360G4

I am having some issues with my images on DL360G4s. I built the image with the G4 DL380 with the 6i, and it works on those and the 5i's in the G3 and earlier. On the G4 DL360s, it hangs just before the mini-setup.
To further the issue, I built out the new DL360 G4 machines from scratch, and used the same old set of drivers, and sysprep.inf file, and took an image. The image works on the DL360 G4s, but no longer works on the DL380 G4s.
Is this a known issue with Ghost, and I'm just clueless?
TIA,
3 REPLIES
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ghost Images from DL380G4 won't boot on DL360G4

Hi, it could actualy have something to do with HW. I think (not completly shure) that DL380 and DL360 use different SCSI port for the integrated cage (by default) so you could check that this is not the issue here. I had an issue like that on some old ml370g2 and dl380 g2 servers....

BR
B.
Nothing is impossible for those that don't have to do it themselves!
Lars Floden
Frequent Advisor

Why don't you just create an image for each type of server?

We use Sysprep for our PCs and while the Windows 2000 loads seemed to work, with tweaking, on each different EVO, they would not work on our Profile 3 (Gateway) or our Fujitsu Lifebooks, or our EVO laptops. The XP loads are don't even like the different EVO loads except the d530 and the dc5000, we can use one load for those.

My point is, the hardware is most likely too different to use one image of the DL380 on the DL360 and the other way around.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

also take in consideration 64 bit extension CPU that been used around , Image from 32 might crush