Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghostcasting slow with intergrated SATA Raid enabled

Warren Edge
Occasional Contributor

Ghostcasting slow with intergrated SATA Raid enabled

Hi there,

I have some HP ML110 G5 servers which I am trying to ghost cast a 6 gig image to. Every time I have SATA Raid enabled in the bios the transfer rate struggles to break over 120mb/pm. With SATA Raid switched off I get 540mb/pm. I need to use the intergated Raid feauture for a mirrored backup.

Is there any way I can speed up my file transfers and still have a Mirrored Raid configuration.

The Server images sucessfully but takes about 50 min to send 6GB when it should only really take about 12-14 min.

I appreciate any input on this matter as it's been driving me crackers all day. I have tried various network card drivers, including using an Add in Intel Pro card to no avail. The only thing I can think of is that the on board raid controller is slowing down the traffic maybe an IRQ issue. I have checked in the BIOS and there does not appear to be a way to change the IRQ values assigned to devices.

Please help,

Warren
1 REPLY
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Re: Ghostcasting slow with intergrated SATA Raid enabled

update firmwares all round on the system and get disk model number its on the hp sticker and get drivers for that too

This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:)