1753587 Members
6590 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ghosting ML350 with 641 Controller

Gilles Arlove

Ghosting ML350 with 641 Controller

Hi all,

I need to extend the system partition on my Windows 2003 server. I would like to try and do this by Ghosting it to an image on another PC and then Ghosting back with the partition changes.

My question is has any tried using ghost with a ML350 and 641 controller ,does it work ok ?

Any info appreciated.

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I have used Symantec GHost with ML370 and SmartArray 641 controller without any problem.
Generally speaking, we used GHost with different Proliant servers (Proliant 1600, all generations of ML 370, DL380,..) with different SmartArray controllers (2sl,221,4200,5300,6400,641,6i,...) without problems.
Gilles Arlove

Thats great news Igor ,

quick question though did you need to load a dos ASPI driver on your boot disk to get this to work ?

thanks
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

>>quick question though did you need to load a dos ASPI driver on your boot disk to get this to work ?

No, I use regular Symantec Ghost network boot disk.
We use Symantec GHost 8.x version. I have Symantec ghost multicast server installed on our notebook, and I just connect notebook to Proliant server with network cable. Then we boot Proliant server from GHOST network diskette and GHOST server capture Proliant image.

You can read this symantec document as well:
"How to clone or save an image file over a TCP/IP peer to peer connection"
http://tinyurl.com/fegf8