1748278 Members
4075 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Graphic / PcAnywhere

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Graphic / PcAnywhere

We have several servers, on two of them, one DL380 and one ML530, sometimes the screen just gets blue, if I press ctrl+alt+del I can see the meny that pops up but that is all I can see, I cant start task manager or see anything on the desktop, ist is all blue. The only way to work on the computer again is to power it off. Maybe is is related to pcAnywhere installed. Anyone know how to fix? All drivers are the most recent as all the service packs.

Regards,

Anders
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Graphic / PcAnywhere

We also have this problem on several servers. We have PcAnywhere on them too. However, after pressing ctrl+alt+del, we are able to logoff. We we logoff, we briefly see the desktop flash, then the logoff continues. We are then able to logon and everything is back to normal. I son't know if this will help, but it would definitely beat a reboot.

I am also interested to hear any suggestions for this behavior.

Thanks,
Matt
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am not sure if you get replies emailed to you. Have you been able to resolve this issue with pc anywhere? I am having the same problem and have tried numerous things to fix it with no luck.
Thanks, Pete
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have the same problem. But I don't have PCanywhere installed. Our server DL380 runs Livelink application with IIS 5.

I have w2k SP2 installed. I suspect problem with drivers. Maybe Compaq support personnel can help.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have the same problem. But I don't have PCanywhere installed. Our server DL380 runs Livelink application with IIS 5.

I have w2k SP2 installed. I suspect problem with drivers. Maybe Compaq support personnel can help.