1752808 Members
6319 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: H.D. Failed on Proliant ML370 G3

ElBolo

H.D. Failed on Proliant ML370 G3

Hi!

I have a problem, on my Proliant ML370 G3 server I have a disk array with five 36.5GB disks, but few days ago one H.D. failed, array is still on line but I'm afraid any day failed, my question is: Are there still H.D. on sale of that capacity, (I saw on hp surferpart and the part is on it but have no price)? If not, what can I do? How can I do another array?

Please....Help!!!!!
Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

note the spare number in front of the HDD.
then search by a local reseller, the HDD should be available.

If eventually you can't find such HDD, you can put 72gb HDD and let the controller rebuild the info. You will use only the 36GB and lose the other 36GBs.

regards
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

even if you can't find it at HP

I have to say this... ebay is a good resource
just use spare part number in google

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

If You can't get it from a reseller, you can buy it as a spare part, it's more expencive, call any HP service partner, or HP support.

Alternately, you can use a bigger and/or faster disk, if that will save you some money. Just remember it must be the parallel SCSI

Not all disks got the sparepart no on the front label. Earlier the p/n was on a label on the bottom of the disk, if so you will need to pull it out.

Accept or Kudo

ElBolo

Thanks for all of your answers, I could find it with a reseller, only have one more question, when I change the new disk, the array fix it itself? I have to justo change it? or I have to do something else?

Thanks
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

I'm guessing from your configuration that the server is using a RAID 5 array. You can safely remove the failed hard drive and replace it with the new one while the server is running. The drive will rebuild itself (noted by a flashing green LED). No interaction is required on your part.

Good luck and remember to close your thread once the problem is resolved!
Alfonso Avila

Yes, it will rebuild itself. You just have to plug it in and let the controller work for you.

Just remember that it could take around 15min per each GB the controller has to rebuild (if the server is in production)

Regards,

Alfonso
ProLiant Support
ElBolo

Thanks to all of you...I will keep you informed about all...any problem I know I can count with you...Greetings