1752785 Members
6104 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HBA Card is getting fluctuating in proliant server

rahul001
Occasional Advisor

HBA Card is getting fluctuating in proliant server

In one of our server Qlogic HBA card,some time it is not detecting.We tried to swap the HBA to different servers but same issue persist.Please help to resolve the issue.
4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Rahul,

If this behavior is observed on Qlogic HBA with two different servers, then its definately something to do with HBA.

However, you may trying updating the latest driver and firmware for this HBA and if behaviour does not change think of replacing the HBA.

hope this helps,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Did you upgrade the firmware? I just upgraded from 8.60 to 9.20. It damaged two server boards, and 4 HBAs. HP had to come out and replace the cards. They would no longer find the LUNs.

When they brought out the new HBAs. I had to go into the MSA 2012fc and assign them r/w to the LUNs and remove the damaged HBAs.
Ashok S T
Advisor

Hi Rahul,

We are also facing the same issue, what is your server model with generation, HBA model and OS version.

LED status ..?

Out server model is HP ProLiant DL580 G5 server. HBA is QLOGIC QLE2460 (Single port) and vmware ESXi 4.1 OS.

For that specific server model i have downloaded the firmware DVD from HP ITRC and upgraded the same.

I have downloaded the latest driver for that model from qlogic link and updated the same.

Still the problem exist. Did you get any solution for this. if so pls share the solution.

Thanks in Advance,

Ashok S T
Ashok S T
Advisor

Hi Rahul,

Good day.., I hope to hear some solution from you for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashok S T