HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBA Options for PCIe

Gus Dandas_1
Occasional Advisor

HBA Options for PCIe

I need some guidance on connecting a legacy peripheral to a new DL360 G5 server.

On a DL360 G5 system, we attached a Tape Autoloader via an HP SC44Ge HBA in the DL360’s PCI Express expansion slot #1 (low-profile, half-length).

As this server will be our new “Backup” server, we want to also connect to it our “Legacy” tape drive, which is currently on another system.
This would use the DL360’s PCI Express expansion slot #2 (Full length/height). However, it can’t use its current HBA because it is a PCI-X card, not a PCI Express (PCIe) card.
I considered installing the DL360 Riser Card option to accommodate the PCI-X card, but I’m not sure if it will fit in the 1 Unit DL360 with both slots in use. Will it fit?

The SCSI cable being used has a 68-PIN HD Connector on each end. I considered an HP SC11Xe HBA but it uses 68-Pin VHDC instead of HD. Is there a compatible SCSI cable available that has HD on one end and VHDC on the other?

Also, will a half size HBA work in the DL360’s PCI Express expansion slot #2, which is specified as Full length/height ?

Please advise me on my options for connecting the Quantum drive to the Proliant DL360 G5 server.

1 REPLY
Gus Dandas_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: HBA Options for PCIe

Never Mind.