4922 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

HDD NHP en ML30 Gen10 no HP

jperezme1
Occasional Advisor

HDD NHP en ML30 Gen10 no HP

Hello.

I need to know if Does this server support hard drives other than hp? Can I install any type of hard drive without hot swapping?

Part number is P06781-425

4 REPLIES 4
KK
HPE Pro

Re: HDD NHP en ML30 Gen10 no HP

Hi,

From the SKU number, it seems the server is Entry Model which supports Non Hot-Plug HDDs.

As the model is NHP, one has to install or replace the HDD when the system is powered off only.

HPE does not test the non-HPE HDDs on the server model and recommend to use the HPE supported HDDs only.

The various size and models of the HDD and all supported options are available in quickspecs of the server at https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00053821enus.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
invisik
Advisor

Hi.. will there be BIOS messages or errors if a non-HPE non-hot-plug drive is used? 

I"m looking to put a Western Digital SSD drive into a ML30.  Single drive, no RAID.

Thanks.

-m

jopeme
Advisor

Hello again.

I get This server and i don't understand how i insert hdd. I see drive cage PN 874977-001.  What do i need to insert hdds?

Thanks.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@invisik wrote:

Hi.. will there be BIOS messages or errors if a non-HPE non-hot-plug drive is used? 

I"m looking to put a Western Digital SSD drive into a ML30.  Single drive, no RAID.

Thanks.

-m

With the embedded controller in AHCI mode you shouldn't see any messages about a non HPE drive

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!