3844 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HDD detection failure by windows server 2008 on Proliant Gen8 320e

Sadorect
Occasional Visitor

HDD detection failure by windows server 2008 on Proliant Gen8 320e

Hello!

I'm trying to install Windows server 2008 R2 on HP Proliant Gen8 320e server but the setup says it couldn't find my HDD whereas, POST passed it as OK and the LEDs are even on throughout the process.

What could be the problem and fix, please?

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Did you use inteligent provisioning to install (F10 during boot)?

Do you use the internal B120i controller? As a smart array? Did you configure the RAID?

"...

The device driver for the B120i and
B320i controllers is not included with the off the shelf Microsoft Windows operating system.

..."

see

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03326739-2%257CdocLocale%253D&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sadorect
Occasional Visitor

Thank you Torsten. The document you linked me to was very helpful. I decided to burn the 2008R2 on a fresh disc to confirm that the image was not corrupt. I did, and then used Intelligent Provision. It went on smoothly thereafter. So, it was the DVD I used initially that was bad.

Thanks for your help. According to your link, the drivers are bundled with the machine and, using Intelligent provisioning would activate it.

God bless you.